Life-Changing Spiritual Disciplines: Biblical Confession (Part 1)
Date: May 21, 2017
Text: Ephesians 4:17-32; 1 John 1:9
Pastor John Black
I. Two types of necessary divine forgiveness …
- Judicial Forgiveness -- Forgiveness of sin’s penalty
- Parental Forgiveness -- Forgiveness from sin’s consequences
II. Why is confession necessary for a Christian?
- Christians are frequently in need of parental forgiveness!
- Christians are harmed spiritually by unconfessed sin!
Reflection exercise for this week
With the help of the Holy Spirit, thoroughly examine your life for any sin
“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me. . . .” Psalm 139:23-24a
- What does Biblical confession require?
- When should we confess our sin to another person?
- What should I look for in a person to confide in?