Life-Changing Spiritual Disciplines: Biblical Confession, Part 2
May 28, 2017
1 John 1:9 (HCSB)
Pastor John Black
A quick review of what we have covered . . .
I. Two types of necessary divine forgiveness . . .
- Judicial Forgiveness -- Forgiveness of sin’s penalty
- Parental Forgiveness -- Forgiveness from sin’s consequences
II. Why is confession necessary for a Christian?
- Christians are frequently in need of parental forgiveness!
- Christians are harmed spiritually by unconfessed sin!
III. What does Biblical confession require?
- A recognition and acknowledgment of our sin
- A deep sorrow for our sin
- A personal confession to God regarding our sin
- A determination to stop engaging in the sin
What action do you need to take to ensure you completely forsake your sin?
Next Sunday . . .
- When should we confess our sin to another person?
- What should I look for look for in a person to confide in?
- How should I respond when someone chooses to confide in me?