Date: May 7, 2017
Title: Serving Others! Part 1
Series: Life Changing Spiritual Disciplines
Pastor John Black
I. Why should I serve others?
- I was created for service (Ephesians 2:10)
- I have been gifted for service (1 Peter 4:10)
- I am commanded to serve others (Matthew 20:26-28)
- My church needs my service (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- Serving others gives meaning to life (Mark 8:35)
- I will be held accountable for my service (Romans 14:12)
- I will be rewarded for my service (2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 22:12)
- How am I using my gifts to serve others?
- If I am not serving others, why is that?
- Am I serving others out of love for God, or am I motivated by other reasons?
Next Sunday . . .
II. What are three common barriers that can keep me from serving?
III. How can I overcome these barriers?
If you'd like a spiritual gifts survey or a serving opportunities booklet, contact the church office (417-886-3851 or firstname.lastname@example.org)!