May 14, 2017
Life Changing Spiritual Disciplines: Serving Others! (Part 2)
Pastor John Black
I. Why should I serve others?
- I was created for service (Ephesians 2:10)
- I have been gifted for service (1 Peter 4:10)
- I am commanded to serve others (Matthew 20:26-28)
- My church needs my service (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- Serving others gives meaning to life (Mark 8:35)
- I will be held accountable for my service (Romans 14:12)
- I will be rewarded for my service (2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 22:12)
II. What are three common barriers that can keep me from serving?
III. How can I overcome these barriers?
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others too. (Philippians 2:3-4 NLT)
*We must develop an attitude like Christ (Philippians 2:5)
A Christ-like attitude is one that …
- Values others more than themselves (Philippians 2:6)
- Becomes less so others can become more (Philippians 2:7)
- Lives in total obedience to God, no matter the cost (Philippians 2:8)
A spiritual gifts survey and a serving opportunities booklet are available!
Please contact the church office if you'd like one!
(email@example.com or 417-886-3851)